No. of ingredients: 10
Total time: 1 hour
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g bag spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- dry roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)
How to prepare:
- Melt the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and soften the onion for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry paste, peanut butter, and sweet potato, then add the coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through the spinach and lime juice, and season well.
- Serve with cooked rice,
- If you like, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.