No. of ingredients: 15
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes with chilling
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 5 large cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups juicy chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 cup water (or red wine)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped white or portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to prepare:
- Heat oil in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Saute over medium heat until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add more liquid if needed.
- Serve alone or over rice (preferably brown).
- Bon Appetit!
Garnish if desired with any of the following: reduced-fat cheddar cheese, onion, fat-free sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro.