No. of ingredients: 10
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes with chilling
- 70g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 500g block shop-bought puff pastry
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
How to prepare:
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C. Blitz 50g of the hazelnuts in a small food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs, then tip into a bowl with the chocolate.
- Roll the pastry out to around roughly 30cm in diameter on a sheet of baking parchment.
- Scatter the chocolate and hazelnut mixture over the pastry circle, leaving a 5cm border.
- Top with the bananas and most of the remaining hazelnuts, then fold the edges of the pastry over.
- Transfer the galette to a baking sheet along with the baking parchment, then chill in the fridge for at least 10 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and sprinkle the sugar over the galette, then bake for 25-30 mins, or until golden and puffed up.
- Scatter over the remaining hazelnuts and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you like.